Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Elimination on the carpet = someone getting eliminated!

Monday morning, very tired from my busy work weekend, I made my way home to find some strange looking "mound" under Kevin's computer chair. Now he is a Deputy and does end up outside and in mud etc at times, so I gave this questionable mound a wide berth and got myself and Barrett unbundled and called for Xander's assistance getting everything together. After dialing in Kevin, who got called out on a last minute call for work, I noticed the questionable piles might not be Mud Clods I had immediately hoped, and desperately hoped they were. So, while requesting my loving boyfriend to requisition us some McDonald's Breakfast, I asked my oldest to check on the piles. Now I will try and remember that TODAY is when we got his eyes checked so I shouldn't be TOO hard on him when he squatted over the questionable material to pronounce that he most certainly had NO idea what it might be. When further questioned if it was poop my question was met with an authoritative "I don't know ma'am". Forgetting for a moment while wrestling with the smallish bear in my arms I decided to take care of some menial task forgetting about the foreign objects on the floor. I know I know I really need to wake up and take care of this stuff right away! Anyway, I catch Barrett JUST before he had clasped a piece of the material in his hand. Again I am still questioning it's origin. So, half asleep and obviously not in my right mind I reach down and pick up a piece. I had completely convinced myself this WAS just a REALLY big clod of dirt that clung to Kevin's boot when he came in that morning before getting called back out. Needless to say, I was wrong. It was Poo. Unquestionably it was poo. And here I sit with Bear in one arm and poo in my other hand, trying to keep him from touching it and wondering what in the world to do. Initial reaction? Yelling at Xander of course for not realizing this was poo before I reached down and grabbed it myself, and before his brother almost grabbed it. Because we ALL know the first time he got to it he would be placing it in his mouth! All that was received with wide blinking eyes and a very sincere "I don't know ma'am." followed by a wild dash outside to retrieve the McDonald's Breakfast that he now knows is the only thing to make my morning look up. So, long story short, I did finally remove the refuse from the carpet and luckily it was solid enough to not require MAJOR carpet cleaning. This is when I make the realization that maybe I should wash my hands AGAIN since I had just minutes before held that poo in my hands, AND that we have too darn many cats if they are no longer pooing in the litter boxes and are now pooing on my carpet. So, Today, we took two of our four cats up to my mom's house to see if they can "make it" on the outside. Gracie I am sure will make it, Boots I am afraid will make my mother feel so sorry for him that he will go into her house and stay, of course she will let him go in and out. My only hope is that NO ONE poos on her carpet or we will have cats on our doorstep immediately following. Oh and I thoroughly enjoyed my McDonald's Breakfast, not even poo can keep me from eating!

1 comment:

randbwatkins said...

ur so funny not even poo can keep ditzy from eating lmfao